A Girl Named Freedom


Recently, my dear friend and fellow creative, Donna Ammons, and I went to a vendor mall with our daughters called Rustic Reflections in Crestview.  If you’ve never been to a store like this, it’s basically a permanent craft bazaar where each stall contains the work of one person or company. It was the first time I’d been, and we were there to attend a Ladies’ Night.  The goal was threefold: to meet other vendors for Donna’s upcoming open house, to see if there were spaces to rent, and to support her friend, Robin, who is already a vendor. I’d met Robin one other time, but it had been years since we’d seen each other.

As mothers and daughters walked the store, enjoying the variety of food, crafts, toys and tchotchkes, Robin blessed us by saying we could each pick one thing from her stalls as a gift.  I chose a Willow Tree collectible of a girl with 3 birds on her outstretched arms.  At the time, it called to me because she looks like my daughter and there are 3 people in my immediate family.  The funny thing about God is, He’s very efficient in His blessings and tends to give to one so many can benefit.  This girl, who I now know as Freedom, was no exception.

It was around 4 AM the next day that God began to reveal the ministry in this gift.  His message follows:

Look at her hands.  See how open they are?  Freedom has let go and given. Her hands are ready to receive, not only provision but instruction.  Stop clenching your fists, beloved.  There’s no need to fight or hold so tightly to your old habits and fears.  What I want to give you is better if you’d just. Let. Go.




Notice the arch of her back.  She stands in abandon, exposing her most tender and vulnerable parts to Me. She trusts I won’t take advantage.  Freedom understands that I already know her intimately and there is nothing she has to hide.  There is nothing about her that would keep her from Me, or Me from her. Will you trust Me and know me like that?



Her face is turned up to me.  Freedom doesn’t try to hide who she is because she knows she is loved, forgiven and blameless in My eyes.  My daughter is looking up at Me expectantly, knowing I will recognize her immediately as Mine.  There is nothing she could do to lose my love because she has always been Mine.  You have always been Mine.

She is clothed in the seamless robe of Jesus.  If you look closer, you can see her brokenness has been stitched together and woven into the very fabric.  Her broken pieces, the places that reveal her cracks, don’t keep her from Him.  They are the very things He uses to show the world what He died for, covering Freedom in robes that are white as snow.  (Isaiah 1:18)



Freedom’s hair and robes are being blown by invisible winds, but her feet remain firmly on solid ground.  When you are buffeted by the winds of this world, stand firm and do not waiver. Your strength in Me will keep you standing.

The birds, like your free will, have wings that can take flight at any time.  The birds are also disturbed by the wind but though their wings may flap, their talons cling to the robes so they can’t be separated unless they choose to go. 
And if they were to take flight, they know where they can return.

The number three shown here is The Trinity:  Me, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  We are with you always. 

birds are blue to reflect Living Water and they are covered in blue.

Now that you know Freedom, enjoy her even more.

As I took her pictures, reflecting on all the messages that Freedom had for me, for all of us, I removed her tag and revealed the name she was originally given:  Happiness. 



Happiness is Freedom in Him.





Comments

Popular Posts